Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What A Scare!!!

Yesterday I gave Donna quite the scare.


Yesterday I started to bleed very heavy, I called my midwife's office & waited for a nurse to call back...
Meanwhile I soaked through 3 pads in about 5 minutes. I called Donna and told her I thought she should come home, I was getting nervous... about a half hour had past and I still hadn't heard back from the doctor, so I called again. The nurse called me back about 2 minutes later and told me to go to the hospital.
Donna loaded up the front seat with towels, I couldn't get out of the bathroom without soaking through a pad, I knew I would be a mess by the time we got to the hospital. So away we went to the place I had already spent too much time :P
On our way there I started cramping and getting pains in my back, by the time we got there (within 10 minutes) I was in horrible pain. I was taken in in a wheelchair, gave my info at the desk and was then taken right in to triage, I think I gave a little info there and while the nurse was trying to take my blood pressure I passed out. I was taken from there into the emergency room on a stretcher where there were about 6 people all over me very quickly. The blood pressure reading the nurse in triage got was 46/35, very scary!!! The doctors and nurses in the emergency room hooked me up to 3 IV's and pumped 4000cc of fluid into me in what seemed like just a few minutes. A couple doctors tried to examine me and do a sonogram to try to figure out what was causing the hemorrhaging, but I was bleeding way too much & too fast so they decided emergency surgery was the only option to figure it out. I signed consents for everything from a D & C to a Hysterectomy.
They ran me through the hospital to the operating room and the next thing I remember is waking up in recovery.
Turns out I had some tissue left over in my uterus from having the boys. They just had to do a D & C. They sent the tissue to pathology just to be sure it isn't anything else, but they're pretty sure it is left over placenta.
I stayed the night (again) so they could give me 2 units of blood and to be sure my bleeding stopped.
I was released today just in time to go give our boys their lunchtime bottles :)
I'm tired and my whole body is sore, but I am fine.


  1. oh my goodness! That's so scary! I'm so glad Donna was able to come home quickly. I hope you can rest some this week.

  2. Ohh Spring that is so scary! I would have freaked.. I so happy your ok now though.. Get yourself some rest you have to be all well for the boys homecomeing!

  3. Oh geez!!!

    Glad you're doing better!!!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...