Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Potty Training Triplets & Avoiding Public Restrooms

I don't know about other triplet families or families with multiple children period, but potty time in this house is chaos! One of the boys will decided they have to potty & all 3 head to the bathroom. One will decide between the toilet or the potty chair, meanwhile one is already flushing the toilet while the third is either running the water in the sink or the bath tub. All the while I am trying to get to the bathroom in time to make sure the one who actually had to pee is aiming correctly & not peeing all over the toilet or the floor.

With this much chaos at home I shutter at the thought of taking the boys into a public bathroom! I was actually adventurous enough to take them all into the restroom at the speech therapists office & I'm pretty sure not only did everyone in the waiting area hear us but the entire office heard me hollering at the boys to "get out of the trash," "turn off the water," "leave the toilet paper alone," & my favorite "get your hand out of the toilet while your brother is peeing!"

I've kept a potty chair in the van since Garren started potty training a few months ago because he wasn't saying when he had to go when we were out, so I just had to have him try in between stops. Kellan has always been great about telling us when he has to go, but to avoid taking 3 kids into a public bathroom by myself I have each of the boys potty before we head into wherever we are, especially the playground! It never fails that one of the boys is always at the very top of the playground when another announces he has to go potty :-/

So that's my solution to avoiding dirty public restrooms & public restroom chaos, a potty chair in the van. Also a surplus of restaurant napkins/paper towels/baby wipes to wipe out the potty chair after emptying it (I park near a grassy median & dump the urine there) & some hand sanitizer to keep the good hygiene going. :)

Happy potty training to everyone else out there who's going through it right now! :)

8 comments:

  1. I prefer to make the kids go in the car before/after we go places than try to get them all in a public bathroom! especially the baby! it took me once, with ben crawling on the bathroom floor, to realize we were done with that and it would NEVER happen again haha so I look like a crazy woman making the twins pee in the back of the van but whatever ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... Thanks for sharing, I feel better knowing I'm not the only crazy woman out there making her kids pee in the van :)

      Delete
  2. Try lining the potty chair with a diaper before they go. Then, throw the diaper in a plastic bag and toss it. Less chance of spilling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... whatever works. I don't like using public restrooms so why subject the boys to it!?!?!?
    They are growing up so fast. Before you know it they will be going on their own.
    Love to all
    Aunt Pat& Aunt RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Pat, I avoid them at all cost, most are just too gross!

      Delete
  4. I linked your blog post in my blog post on potty training toddlers. I TOTALLY agree with you. It is so stressful bringing lots of little ones into a public restroom!!!!

    http://kimbersnavyfamily.blogspot.com/2014/04/potty-training-twins-part-5-follow-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kimber! I don't know why, but I'm just seeing this comment :-/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...