I've been here a week now and being in the hospital, as relaxing as it may sound, is not fun and there is nothing relaxing about it at all. There are doctors and nurses poking and prodding at me around the clock. But it is one more week we have kept the boys safe inside!!! :)
I asked the doctor today what the game plan is? I knew I had to stay because my cervix is paper thin, but I wasn't really sure what exactly we were waiting for to happen. Apparently with my cervix as thin as it is and the babies being the size they are, I wouldn't have to dilate completely for them to come out and we definitely don't want to give birth at home or somewhere besides the hospital. The plan is to keep me here until 1. I dilate to the point that the babies have to be born (4-5cm / active labor) or 2. the babies get big enough that they couldn't be born without some effort on my part (dilated & pushing.) The latter of the two is unlikely considering where I'm already at, so I will most likely be here until the boys arrive.
I want what is best for the boys, but it is really hard being here, thinking about all the stuff that needs to be done at home, even though I know it can wait. It is also really hard being apart from Donna and the pups!!!