Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011...

What a year!!! I have to say probably the best yet for Donna and I.

2011 has brought us so much to be thankful for.

Modern medicine for one. It is what made our boys possible, not just the fertility treatments but the prenatal care I received & the care our boys received when they were born 11 weeks premature. Also modern medicine made my dad & my dear friends cancer detected & treated early, requiring neither of them to have to endure chemo or radiation.
I'm thankful for all our family & friends who helped us prepare for the boys arrival with gifts, love & time. (aka help)
I'm thankful for family, friends, facebook & random strangers that made it possible for us to raise the money we needed to get our boys their plagiocephaly helmets.
And of course our beautiful baby boys!!!

The year did have it's ups & downs of course. The scare we had with my dad falling off a ladder, which led to his cancer being diagnosed. The loss my cousin who was serving in Afghanistan at just 21 years old & the loss of my uncle who became ill suddenly & passed away the next day. These were devastating for our family but have only made our bond stronger & shown us not to take anyone or anything for granted.

I hope that 2012 brings everyone happiness & good health.

Be safe in your endeavors tonight & Happy New Year!!!

We are home with our party animals tonight
(who are sleeping by now of course)

2 comments:

  1. Spring & Donna....
    What a year! But what accomplishments and along with them such joy. Seeing those beautiful faces on your little troopers warms my heart and reminds me of the miracles that occur around us each day. Some we notice and some take our breath away like your little ones. I wish I could have given more to help you but only my prayers were available. I too am very happy to see 2011 fade away behind me. Know that you all are always in my prayers each day and maybe one day soon I can do more. Happy New Year..Happy New Beginings! Love to all...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish,
    Your love & prayers were more help than you'll ever know. I only wish we had had a chance to bring the boys home for a longer visit than just my dads surgery. I'm dying to introduce them to everyone. We will be down in April though for their first birthdays. I hope you will join us then to meet them & to visit, I'd love to see your smiling face :o)
    Happy New Year to you!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...