Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas The Night Before Christmas...

Cheesy I know, but I can't help myself. I don't know if I ever thought this would happen... Christmas with our own children. I've been holding back tears all day, I'm so excited to be celebrating Christmas for the first time with our baby boys!!!

Grandma & Grandpa Tilyou arrived yesterday afternoon. They were so surprised at how much the boys have grown since they saw them in September and how how active & busy they are. The boys are just smitten with Grandma & Grandpa too. Kellan was showing off all his moves, rolling from front to back & to front again, spinning around on his belly & sitting up while looking straight up at Grandma standing above him. Garren was cooing and chattering away at them, he has so much to say these days & has found his inner motor boat again. Grandma says he sounds like a race car... Caden is working his charm, using those sweet blue eyes & that smile you just can't resist. He just stares at them & watches everything they do. It's the first time the boys have really taken a really obvious interest in someone other than each other or Donna & I. It's very cute!!!

Today Donna worked of course, FedEx doesn't slow down, especially at Christmas!!! Donna's parents, Tina & Warren, & I hung out at home playing with the boys & Tina & I decided to make salt dough Christmas ornaments. I saw a couple of Christmas crafts I wanted to try but I wanted to incorporate them into one. So we put our heads together & came up with an idea. I wanted to make "Santa hands" using the boys' handprints, I also wanted to make salt dough ornaments. We weren't sure pressing the boys handprints into the dough would work but we gave it a try... We also made a few plain flat ornaments for back up in case the hand imprints didn't work, then we could place their painted handprint on a plain ornament & decorate :o) The imprints worked great!!! So Tina & I spent the evening painting the ornaments we cut out and baked earlier in the day. We had fun & have some great "Santa hands." Donna got off work earlier than I ever remember her getting off on Christmas eve, she was home before dark!!! So we all had a nice Christmas Eve dinner.

Tina & I painting
Santa Hands, not sure why the paint keeps cracking???
But I think they turned out really cute!!!
We made a few other salt dough ornaments too
We also dressed the boys in their Christmas sleepers & tormented them with more Christmas tree photos...

Garren
Caden
Kellan
Caden (again)
Garren, Kellan & Caden

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...