Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Bucket List; POTTY TRAIN CADEN!!!

This is what I have been the most anxious about to get checked off our Summer Bucket List!!!

I really thought it would be the hardest thing on the list to accomplish.


I had hoped that Caden would follow his brothers leads & just decide he was done with diapers one day, but he didn't. I thought I was going to have to get all hard core & go with the 3 Day Potty Training method to get him to use the potty but I didn't have to do that either. I simply took his diaper off & kept an eye on him until I thought he had to go... He peed on the floor without me catching him the first time. The second time I caught him mid steam & got him to the toilet in time for him to finish there. Since he got some in the potty I praised him & gave him a couple 'nummies.' (Nummies are whatever little treat we have on hand at the moment, ie mini m&m's, fruit/gummy snacks, Reece's pieces, even yogurt covered raises work, lol...) This seemed to do the trick for Caden & he's been peeing in the potty every since :) We are even already venturing out of the house in just underwear (no pull-ups) & doing great so far.
 
I'm loving that all 3 boys are now using the toilet, for peeing anyways. Number 2 is another story for Kellan & Garren but I'm sure just something we need to stand firm on to get them over the hump. They both ask for a diaper when they have to poop, they don't have accidents but absolutely refuse to go #2 on the potty. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated! Caden has asked for a diaper but will go on the potty once told to. He is of course still figuring that feeling out. 

I still put the boys in a diaper at night. Kellan always wakes up dry, he has since he first potty trained but I like my sleep too much & really don't want to be stripping sheets in the middle of the night if someone were o have an accident. Lazy I know but sleep is oh so precious around here these days!

It's that time again... well actually its for a new website this time...
We've been nominated for the Top Multiples Parenting blog, if you wouldn't mind, please take a second & vote for us by clicking the badge below then clicking the heart on our photo :)
 Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...