Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Bucket List; Plant Vegetable Seeds

Last year I received some kid packs of seeds in the mail with something else, I don't remember what now but I held onto them so the boys could practice gardening this summer. To my surprise the seeds were organic & GMO free, SCORE! :) I knew the boys would love playing in the soil & watering them, I never realized just how much they would love watching the seeds grow!!!

Caden, Kellan & Garren filling the peat pots with soil

Transferring soil from one pot to another, lol...

Kellan getting the water

Well watererd (overwatered) seeds!

A couple days later they sprouted!

A week later they are ready to be transferred to planters.

The boys ask every morning to see their plants & check them to see if they need water, usually not since they get so overwatered when they do. They comment on how much they grow & what each plant will eventually give them, cucumbers, tomatoes, & salad greens. I can't wait until the veggies appear & then are ready to be picked & eaten, I think the boys will be so excited! I also can't wait for next summer when we are in our house & have a real garden with lots of veggies!!! 
The boys seem to have green thumbs so far :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast the boys plants grew and how cute is it that they want to check on them everyday! I'm going to have to try this with Grace. She loves shoveling dirt in the backyard and would have so much fun with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must be great little gardeners for those seeds to sprout and grow that fast!!!! I love the pic of Kellan intently getting his watering can full. Well done boys!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...