Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Short & Sweet Birthday Weekend

The boys & I had a whirlwind Birthday weekend! It actually started Thursday evening... My mom & bonus dad took us out for a birthday dinner. Donna & I recently discovered a new pizza place with AWESOME pizza so that is where I chose to have dinner. After dinner we came back to our place for what I thought was going o just be coffee but my parents surprised me with an ice cream cake, my favorite! We played with the boys & visited a bit befor e they headed back home & I finished packing for our weekend trip.

Friday as soon as the boys were done at speech therapy, we jumped in the van & headed to Grandma & Grandpa Tilyou's house. We arrived about 3 & spent the afternoon playing outside, running around the yard, climbing things in the old horse stall & riding the tractor (riding mower.) We had a delicious supper of spaghetti & meatballs & after we got the boys to bed Donna & I got to sit & visit with her parents the rest of the night.


Caden, Garren, Kellan 

Caden

Kellan, Mom Mom, Caden

Kellan


Garren

Saturday morning the boys woke up early! Too early for grandma & grandpa so we tried to keep them entertained quietly but were not quite successful, so we opted for an early morning bath at the opposite end of the house from grandma & grandpa. Once everyone was up the boys played some more & opened birthday gifts from grandma & grandpa & Their Great Aunt & Uncle. After lunch we loaded up the van & headed to Marie's, my bonus mom. We spent the afternoon opening birthday gifts from Grandma, then headed out for a little shopping & dinner.

Sunday morning was a much anticipated day for me! As I'm sure you know by now, I LOVE photos of our boys!!! I had a session planned with my sweet friend from college, Kareen. She's such an amazing photographer & I was so excited to have her taking our family photos this year! It had also been a full year since we have had photos done, you may remember she took the boys 2 year photos last year & we somehow never got around to doing fall pictures last year :( 
So we played catch up & got the boys 3 year photos & some family photos done this go around. I'm going to try really hard not to harass my friend about sneak peeks but that doesn't mean I won't stalk her on fb for the next couple of weeks looking for a sneak peek ;)

After pictures we grabbed some take out for lunch & headed back to Grandmas again. We put the boys down for a much needed nap & when they woke up we had BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!


Kellan

Caden

I really wasn't feeling up to a party this year with the sudden loss of my dad recently, Donna agreed so we kept it low key. It was a short, sweet & busy weekend but it was perfect for us this year. Donna & I will be celebrating the boys actual birthday here tomorrow & the boys also have their 3 year check up later this week. Stay tuned for more BIG THREE YEAR OLD posts to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...