As I mentioned last week, his oncologist found a couple pots on his lung in a recent CT scan & wanted to do another scan to get a better idea of what they were.
My dad has been sick since Christmas. He has had bronchitis (according to his PCP) he's taken 2 rounds of antibiotics but has not ever felt 100% better. The cough is what was really bothering him, he had part on one lung removed 2.5 years ago due to cancer & things like bronchitis are really hard on him & his breathing.
This weekend my bonus mom & my dad had gone up to the FL Pan Handle to visit my bonus sisters & their families. Apparently Saturday my dad was breathing funny & they wanted him to go to the emergency room. He is stubborn though & told everyone he was fine. Sunday as he & my bonus mom were driving home he started breathing funny again & looked to be falling asleep at the wheel. Marie (my bonus mom) of course had him pull over & took over driving but his breathing got worse.
My bonus sisters Mindy & Meggan were following behind our parents, Meggan was just familiar enough with area they were driving though to find the hospital.
My dads breathing was so bad at the hospital they had to intubate him. His oxygen level was at 58. They took a chest X-ray & black areas showed up. The small hospital in Williston was not equipped to care for him so they transported him to Shands Hospital.
I got the news from Marie about 8pm that my dad was in critical condition & being moved to Shands. I got ahold of Autumn & we decided to drive over together instead of packing up all the kids & hauling them over in the middle of the night. We got to Gainsville just before midnight & stayed with Marie in the "shock trama center in the ER" until they had a room to move my dad to.
He has been sedated this whole time & the doctors have struggled to keep all his stats at a decent level. His blood pressure started out low & then got way too high, his oxygen level stays steady but then drops again & his temperature was low but they have finally gotten it up to where it needs to be. They are keeping tabs on his organ functions & there are a lot of other stats that I just have no idea about that they are watching.
We were originally told he had pneumonia & was in toxic shock.
He was moved to a room in ICU at 6am & made more comfortable. The ICU doctors made rounds about 9am & are not positive it is pneumonia. They have run more tests, taken another chest X-ray, another CT scan & an ultrasound of his heart trying to determine if it is indeed pneumonia. They have said it could also be blood clots or even cancer.
Right now it's a waiting game, waiting to find out what it is for sure & waiting for his body to heal & get past the toxic shock.
We've been told it is too early for a prognosis so I'm asking, begging really, for positive thoughts & prayers. Good energy, light, vibes, juju, whatever you've got, please send it our way?!?