Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

You Should Be Here

I was driving alone this morning & heard this song for the first time.


The end of this verse did me in & I was sobbing.


It is so my dad, taking 100's of pictures & showing them off to everyone, even people he didn't know. The man knew no strangers!

It was 2 years ago today that I called my dad to see how his PET scan went. He didn't answer the phone so I called my bonus-mom. He was tired after his scan & wanted to go home & take a nap. She said the scan went fine, we knew it would be several days before we got the results.

I would never get to hear the comfort of his voice again, as he suffered a heart attack the next day & never regained consciousness.

1 comment:

  1. We never know when the last moment will be the last moment. Heartbreaking. Thinking go you <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...