Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday; Essential Oils

Wonderful Wednesday Series

We NEED more positive in this world. It does not have to be elaborate, though that is always welcome, and can be a simple picture or a short few sentences of something, someone, anything, that you think is wonderful. If you feel inclined to do the same, be sure to leave a link to your Wonderful Wednesday in the comment section so others may enjoy it as well!

A few months ago Donna & I started noticing that one of our boys showed some signs of ADHD. I'm actually pretty positive he is & am a little familiar with ADHD as a few of my family members have it. Neither Donna or I are comfortable medicating him & we honestly have not addressed it with his pediatrician but we thought we'd do some research & see if we couldn't improve his behaviors naturally at home.


I used essential oils on clients in the salon during facials & pedicures, where I worked before having the boys. I was familiar with them & their relaxing & beautifying effects. As I did my research for ADHD treatments essential oils kept coming up which in turn shifted my research into what else essential oils were good for. Turns out they are good for EVERYTHING! Our family has a list of ailments that can be treated with essential oils, from menopause symptoms & migraine headaches to anxiety & depression. This week alone I have remedied fevers, cold symptoms, a nasty cut & tummy distress (it's been a busy week so far!) 

As I was doing my research a friend had posted on Facebook about some oils she had started using & was loving, so I inquired with her & ordered my own starter kit from Young Living. I have loved the oils from the minute I opened the box. I immediately started diffusing Theives because we were already fighting a virus. That night everyone got a foot & neck rub with Peace & Calming for a restful night of sleep & I was able to combine some oils for Donna's plantar fasciitis. I've been diffusing oils for my own anxiety & even for seasonal allergies as the weather & temperature here have been so sporadic recently.


I'm learning so much more about essential oils everyday now that I have the starter kit that came with 11 different oils, a diffuser & tons of info plus some samples. I love finding a remedy using oils before turning to the medicine cabinet (which I honestly haven't had to do) & I can't wait to see what my next order of oils does for our family.

If you'd like more information regarding essential oils or Young Living click here, shoot me an email or leave a comment below. If you have had any great experiences with essential oils, I'd love to hear about them!



4 comments:

  1. Katie is sending me some samples for my neck pain and head aches, can't wit to try it. So excited with your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WONDERFUL for you to post so that I can now have a reason to REALLY check out essential oils! Bookmarking page now :)

    We have had some success with essential oils as adults, but will be honest that I have never really researched how they can help children, especially ADHD. I am very anti-medication when it comes to young children and developmental stuff. I get the need is THERE sometimes, but I wish people would hold off as long as possible. I know someone who medicates her 2 year old for hyperactivity and I am thinking, THEY ARE TWO doing TWO YEAR OLD SHIT!!!! Thanks for giving me something to think on and research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved & had Herat results with every oil I have right now & am compiling a list of oils to order & try.
      I agree with the holding off on medicating as long as possible. I can't believe a doctor would even diagnose hyperactivity in a two year old. Even at 3.5, it isn't something I have brought up to our pediatrician. I honestly didn't think they diagnosed ADD/ADHD until school age? Anyways, I just wanted to see if there was something that would help him focus & maybe complete an age appropriate task. He's just SO all over the place!!!
      If you have any questions regarding specific oils let me know, I'm happy to help!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...