Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Happy New Year!!!

We spent New Year's Eve with my Dad & Bonus Mom, I honestly can't remember not spending New Year's Eve with them? Anyways, it's always a fun evening with good food & company.

Marie, my bonus mom made tacos & her famous taco dip for dinner & she hooked us all up with our favorite alcoholic beverages for the evening, lol...

The boys played, played & played some more with their new Thomas track & all the tracks Aunt Meg & family have left at Grandma & Grandpa's


After we got the boys dressed in their pajamas we decided to take them for a walk to see the Christmas lights that were still up on my parents street. The boys LOVED them along with the fireworks someone was shooting off on the next street! It's good to know they like fireworks since they haven't been to an actual fireworks show yet :) 

It was a bit of a struggle getting the boys to fall asleep with all the fireworks & hoopla going on outside but we finally did. I finished up some laundry & we watched a multitude of New Year's Eve programs (because my dad doesn't believe in watching commercials & changes the channels back & forth) :) I think we all struggled to actually stay awake but we did it, we twisted the New Year, kissed and went straight to bed, lol...

We had a great New Year's morning with my parents, we enjoyed a great breakfast & lunch before getting on the road to come home. It rained ALL THE WAY & the 3 hour drive seemed to take 6. Everyone including the cat was happy to be home! Now I just need to find space for all these new toys the boys got!!! I purged before Christmas, I may need to purge some more...

Hope you all had a fabulous New Year too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...