Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Who Am I?

I got a GA drivers license!!!

It wasn't without a little more drama though, lol...

I loaded up the boys and headed to the DMV Thursday morning, I was hoping that because I was given instructions to ask for the manager by name that I would be in & out quickly. Because I was there last week I knew the office was big enough to get the boys in & out in their wagon. I really didn't know how they would act though if people stared at them but that's a topic for another post :)

Anyways, so I went in got the manager right off the bat & apparently she didn't realize that our marriage license was a civil union when I was there last week. Now she says she can't accept it because its not valid in this state. For real?!? Now what?!? She had to call her boss & we had to wait for him to call her back to tell her what to do...

It was about a half hour later when she called me back up. She could still process the license using an "alias" but it would be my maiden name not my married name. I said fine, honesty it didn't matter since the drivers license was only used for driving & purchasing alcohol. She looked puzzled & I just said when I register in school they use my SS# & that name, when we bought our house, same thing. The bank uses the SS card & so on, anything legal uses my SS# & name from my SS card. So I told her I didn't care at this point as long as I got a license & it has my photo on it. She chuckled & said hopefully soon every state will accept our marriage.

And just for the record in case you are still confused what the issue was, our marriage license was filled out with each of our maiden names...


I went to the SS office & had my name changed, hyphenated actually...


And the DMV can't/won't use my legal name on my SS card, so my new license just has my maiden name and they are calling it an alias...

 
So who am I really???

1 comment:

  1. Wow! :/ It would be *so* much easier if all states would recognize all marriages! Soon hopefully...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...