Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mom of the Year!!!

Yep, that's me, I'm working really hard on that title, lol!!!

Last night Donna & I were getting the boys ready for bed & Garren was fighting me while I was changing his diaper. I looked for something to distract him & the closest thing I could reach was a bottle of powder. What I didn't realize until it was too late was that the bottle was open & Garren got a mouthful.

I gave him some water & a cookie to clear his mouth & then read the back of the bottle for warnings.
"Seek medical attention or contact poison control if ingested" is what the label stated. GREAT! I just poisoned my kid!!!

So I googled poison control & dialed the 800 number. The woman who answered was very friendly, asked a few questions about the powder & Garren's reaction to when it went in his mouth. She gave me some info on what could happen & what to watch for. Talc can apparently cause delayed respiratory problems & I needed to keep a close eye on him the rest of the night.

We dug out the monitor that we hadn't hooked back up since returning from our vacation, turned the volume all the way up & kept it close by all night. He didn't have any problems through the night or today, so I think it's safe to say he is fine, thank goodness!!!


Just an FYI for those who have cell phones with old numbers from another state, when you call poisin controls 800 number, it connects you to the office closest to your phone number. My very friendly lady was in NC & a little surprised when I told her we were in GA :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing but only because he's ok! I think we've all done something like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice how I didn't throw Donna under the bus for leaving the powder open :o)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...