Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Christmas Express

Back at the beginning of December, my sister found a Christmas village with an authentic narrow rail steam engine. A real live choo choo train!!! When my sister told me about it she said it was near Gainesville. I guess I just assumed between us & Gainesville, about an hour or a little more away. Well I was wrong & that is what I get for assuming she wouldn't have us drive nearly to Alabama for Christmas lights! LOL Well 2.5 hours later we finally pulled into The Christmas Express at Kirby Farms... we drove through Gainesville to get there but it was clearing on the opposite side of Gainesville than we live & I felt like we should have booked a hotel we drove SO far!

The kids absolutely loved the place, the train ride was awesome, the lights were great, it was even chilly that evening so hot chocolate was a must with our cups of ice cream.

The blurry family selfie

The sister, niece & nephew

The brother in law, sister, niece & nephew

MomMom & Garren

Fun lights... I will have to see if I can figure out how to attach a video from my phone

The train

Caden & his dark chocolate peppermint ice cream

All the boys riding the swings

Darren riding a flying saucer looking ride

Kellan also riding the flying saucer ride

Caden, Grandma, Garren, MomMom & Kellan riding the carousel 

Tricycles with Jumbo tires in a corn maze...

There was also a monster truck school bus that we all rode but I apparently failed to get a picture of.

The kids didn't want to leave but we had a 2.5 hour ride home so it had to happen sooner rather than later. It was a super fun night but The Christmas Express will not become a family tradition we travel all the way to Alabama for, lol... Just kidding, it really was still in FL but pretty close to the Mississippi line I think ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...