Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Surviving A Vet Visit

Haddie needed to see the vet last week, Donna was busy with work & couldn't take off to take her until the end of the week. I didn't feel like she could wait so I decided that the boys & I would take her...

The vets office was very very friendly, a couple of vet techs came out to play with & entertain the boys while I spoke to the vet about Haddie. Well Kellan has this little problem sometimes, when we go into new places he has a bit of a meltdown, especially if there are people who want to talk to him right away. So as soon as we walked in he started to cry, the more anyone tried to help or console him the worse he got. I usually keep the boys in their wagon in places like this so that they stay together & aren't getting into everything but I had to let Kellan out. He screamed even sitting with me so I let him roam around the waiting room. I went into the exam room, with the door open so I could still keep an eye on Garren & Caden in the wagon even though the vet tech was with them. I answered questions about Haddie & Kellan found the door to the exam room & occupied himself with opening & closing the door repeatedly, sometimes on the inside of the exam room & sometimes outside, lol. I ended up going back into the waiting room because Caden & Garren were wanting to get up & wander since their brother was. I found Baby Einstein videos on YouTube & that distracted them long enough for the vet to examine Haddie.

Our suspicions were right & Haddie was having a pretty dramatic allergic reaction to fleas, even though her & Eason receive monthly flea drops. Apparently here in South Georgia, we have mutant fleas & oral flea meds have to be used to keep them at bay during the summer. She had also given herself a little skin infection from all the scratching. Donna had also felt a lump on Haddie's hip & so I had that checked out, it turned out to be a fatty tumor & is nothing to worry about, thank goodness!

In the midst of the madness there was a man whom I couldn't tell if he was coming or going but anyways he was there & kept interjecting comments & questions about the boys. "What are they twins or something?" "So how do you do that, 3 kids AND a dog?!" (Little did he know we have another dog too, lol) I really did not have the time to answer him nor could I hear him over the initial screaming Kellan was doing but he kept on talking & asking questions as if I were standing right next to him with absolutely nothing else going on. Some people are so strange!!! Lol...

I was sure everyone in the office was ready for us to go when our appointment was over but the vet came out & talked o the boys. Garren pointed to all of the pictures & figurines of animals in the room signing & saying what they were, primarily dogs & cats. The tech that had played with the boys walked us out & told the boys she couldn't wait or them to come back, YIKES! I don't know that that will happen again anytime soon, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...