Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pirate Parade

Thursday night we took the boys to the annual Pirate Parade. The parade kicked off the Isle of 8 Flags Shrimp Festival. This was the boys' first real parade. They were excited all day to see the pirates, although I don't think they really knew what to expect. They were a little bored at first watching the parade & then the beads & candy started flowing, lol... It didn't take the boys long to figure out how to get attention & get the goodies!

I love that we have a local festival & parade here. We had an annual heritage parade where I grew up & it was a BIG deal for the whole city, just like this one is. Although the one where I grew up didn't draw in tourists, I guess because it was just the parade & not a weekend long festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...